Friday, May 30, 2008

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????


The most difficult question for me has been simply, why do you make art?
I am not sure if there is an answer. It cant be, because I like to, or because its cool, or fun. When I was younger I thought I would pursue architecture, or biology, herpetology, or professional skateboarding. I thought it would be great to raise birds or turtles; which is somewhat of a creative process, but there is something that I was born with that forces me to interpret the world through my hands and eyes. It is somewhat of a condition or disease that I cannot really escape. Regardless if I have to be a brick mason, I will go home completely exhausted, hardly able to move and I will draw and fabricate the objects that I have been thinking about all day as a means of escape and obtainment.

No comments: