Thursday, May 8, 2008

a circle's round it has no end...

For a possible explanation of how I begin and end here is my statement that hangs out with my piece:

Loud patterns and vivacious colors run throughout the clothes I wear as well as in my work. The articles of clothing become pieces to the greater whole, the outfit. I hoard ceramic commercial slip casting molds, much like I sift through the clothes in my closet. The finished accumulations of final cast objects are equivalent to shirts, sweaters, socks, and pants when they are put together. In the work the appropriated forms are placed into a copious arrangement of bright colors and combinations of pattern. Each individual part is monochromatically glazed in a shiny, candy-coated surface to complement the sumptuous and entangled congregation. They are packed together like a puzzle to satisfy my desire to arrange and organize with ultimate control. By this I mean, I dominate them by stripping their singular identities and positioning them so they are facing the same point like a crowd at an assembly. In this installation, the flock's locale in the space is near the stairs, which gives the viewer a range of vantage points.

*apparently I made up the word monochromatically, Steven Colbert was right it feels good.

No comments: